- Clean out the deep freezer, then stock it with easy meals for when Alivia arrives.
- Pack the diaper bag and our hospital bag.
- Have groceries available here for our girls and their caretakers while we are in the hospital.
- Clean the van.
- Do some deep cleaning of the house and get all the laundry caught up.
- The first thing we did, was got the diaper bag all packed. There's nothing more fun than washing clothing for the one that's not here yet. It stays clean!!! Then we packed our hospital bag. I originally packed a summer dress to come home in. then I changed my mind, have you ever tried to nurse while wearing a dress? It's been about 7 months since I've had to think about that. So we bought me a pair of drawstring capris because I couldn't pack up a pair of maternity pants and not have use of them for so long. Both bags, and the car seat have been in Louis' van for 2 weeks.
- We then hit the grocery store. Twice. One night for dry goods as we passed through Albany to Somerset to go to Bob Evans to eat. We always forget they are an hour ahead of us. We pulled in the parking lot 15 minutes before they closed at 9 (their time) and you should have seen the looks I got from the employees when I walked in to ask their closing time. We drove all that way for Bob Evans, and by goodness, we were gonna eat at Bob Evans. Louis' comment made me change my mind, and so we headed to find another place. I was sure Frisch's wouldn't spit in our food because they closed an hour later.
- The next day, I had to pick up donuts, and so I hit Save-A-Lot in Albany again for all the cold stuff. It helped my legs to break up the shopping like that. And pyschologically, it felt like I spent less. My receipt total was $77 for the first night and $140 the next day. Not bad. (I would have felt bad if I saw the total at $217.00). Hehe.
- As we unloaded all the groceries, I had to kind of rearrange cabinets to accomodate everything. I made special food baskets for the girls that has been off limits until Alivia is born. For a few days they were saying, "I can't wait til Alivia is born so I can eat that food". It's fun kid food like ravioli, spaghetti-os, fruit snacks, pudding cups, and pop-tarts. Not stuff we generally buy, but stuff that would be easy for someone to get out for them. I have no worries, that Abigail and Anna will go for that as soon as we head to the hospital.
- Then I had a cook day (that lasted 2 days because I ran out of energy). Abigail and Anna helped me clean out both freezers.
- After spending two days in the kitchen, I turned around to notice our house was turned upside down. So when Monday rolled around we spent about 3 hours cleaning. I made out a game board for them that had tasks written out above circles that led to a Game Over box at the bottom. Once they completed their tasks, they could color in the circles that were below the written tasks. They loved that game. Then when they all got to the Game Over, they got to eat popsicles outside and play for 30 minutes, Then I painted all their nails after their baths. At the end of the day, we had our clean house again.
- A few days later, we had a "Sure" Day (where I just said "sure" to the girls' requests. One of their requests was to wash the van in their bathing suits. Cool...it'd check off part of my list.
No comments:
Post a Comment