...who does a lot more around here than I realize, like:
- mowing the lawn.
- taking out the trash.
- hauling off the garbage to the dump.
- making sure all the lights are always turned off in rooms we aren't in.
- going around and checking all the doors to be sure they are locked before bedtime.
- killing a spider crawling on the ceiling.
- catching a toddler from falling off the barstool, and then lifting her back up to sit again.
- getting glue traps disposed of when they have 2 salamanders stuck to them in the basement (I have allowed a mouse to have free reign because I can't even bring myself to set out a glue trap to catch the crazy thing. WHO WOULD THROW THAT LIVE SQUIRMY MOUSE STUCK TO A GLUE TRAP AWAY? "Not I", said the scaredy cat.
- tickling, and letting the girls climb all over him right before bedtime, which always seems to make sleep come sooner!
- making his own bowls of cereal and getting his own drinks. You'll never believe how many times I've checked on this poor guy and offered to fix him something then got distracted by one of the girls needing something, and forgot all about what I was supposed to do for our patient.
- unloading all the groceries from the car.
- filling up the gas tank. I guess I'm just spoiled, but Louis ALWAYS pumps the gas.
- driving out to pick up whatever is needed if I'm in my pjs (which is 75% of the time).
- driving out to get dinner if there's a hankering for something specific (like the cheeseburgers tonight).
- running downstairs to check on crying (sister mediation v. an accident).
- just being an extra set of hands, feet, eyes, muscles, etc.
These are just things I've discovered in the past 5 days!
To those who don't know, Louis had back surgery Wednesday. He can't drive, do steps, reach too high, twist his back, lift more than a gallon of milk, and can't really get in and out of bed on his own without feeling pain. Most importantly though, he can't bend down to pick up a glue trap to throw it out for me.
We really need you around here, Louis...despite what you may think. I couldn't run this household without you. I know that now.
Thank you for the inspiration! I may have to follow your lead and make a running list of reasons I love and appreciate my husband. God was (and is) good to both of us!
ReplyDeleteYes, Sarah- to God be the Glory for great things He has done.
DeleteSounds like a great hubby. On a side note, I had some friends in college who didn't know what to do with a mouse in a glue trap either. They ended up putting it in a Wal-Mart sack and backing over it with the car. Just a suggestion.
ReplyDeleteAh-ha! Now there's an idea. Thanks for the suggestion!
Delete