Monday, December 28, 2009

"Falling in a Winter Wonderland"

Well, the hustle and bustle of holiday cheer is coming to an end! We are still rejoicing over the fact that our awesome savior, Christ Jesus was born for us! When I think of my pregnancy at this time, I think about Mary carrying the best baby in the world....the Baby that would save us all! What a perfect gift!

The Sunday before Christmas, we woke up to nearly 2 inches of snow. That night after church I was walking around to the back of the car to help a stubborn seatbelt for Anna, and as I stepped up onto a railroad tie (part of our church's landscaping), my feet flew out from under me! I didn't see that it was covered in ice and was slippery! We were loading up into the car to go to Livingston to see a lady at our church that had fallen earlier during our church supper. So we were already on our way to the Livingston hospital anyway. Although I felt okay following the fall, Louis insisted we call the doctor. I have fallen with every pregnancy and I never called the doctor before, but this time we did, well actually had him paged. We were just pulling into the Livingston hospital parking lot when we got a call from the "doctor on call". He said it was "standard procedure" to get monitored after a fall. So on the phone we got, trying to make arrangements for someone to keep the girls for a little while (while in the drive-thru getting Taco Bell at 8:45 p.m.) We finally got in touch with our friends and headed to Cookeville to drop them off and prepared to stay for an hour or so at the ER- since I felt good, and was feeling the baby move.
We got there, around 9:45 or so, and got put into a Labor & Delivery room around 11:00p.m. I got to do all the pre-admission paperwork (for March) as I laid in the hospital bed, which was ironic, considering I was "admitted" already. Once the doctor heard I had fallen on my knee and side, he said that was a good indicator I should be monitored between 12-24 hours (since the fall involved my abdomen). As I laid there, I cramped quite a bit, and baby Adalyn kept moving out of monitoring space, so the nurse had to come and readjust the monitors all night long- meaning I got no sleep! It felt strange to be in there plugged up and to not be in labor awaiting our precious baby's arrival! Luckily, all checked out just fine, but I had to park it on the couch for a few days upon discharge from the hospital- which was easy considering I was so sore. So imagine how crazy Christmas Eve was at the Davis Home as we tried to catch up!!!

1 comment:

  1. Really glad to hear that all is well! Be careful there is cold snowy weather in the forecast. Our Christmas Eve was a little unconventional also, but like you everything turned out fine!

    ReplyDelete