Surviving summer while pregnant:
Drink water.
Drink water.
Drink more water.
And the mildly inconvenient results:
Bathroom trip.
Bathroom trip.
Bathroom trip.
Today has been unseasonably hot. I had a quick (unaccompanied) trip to make to church to get something. I had a great idea! Rather than refill my huge mug with water and ice (that always seems to fall on the floor, which I have to bend down to retrieve to avoid the puddles), I'd just stay cool on the short drive with a popsicle and eat it....shhh, don't tell any of the girls...IN THE CAR. So I headed out to the van.
Within a minute, no joke, my homemade popsicle on this little plastic holder was streaming white grape juice all down my arm. DO YOU KNOW HOW STICKY WHITE GRAPE JUICE IS???? Luckily, I had come to the end of my road, and could stop. I had been eating it with my right hand. So I had to put my pospicle in my left hand to put the van into park and unbuckle...which got stickiness on the shift bar and seatbelt. Meanwhile, I tried eating it faster as it continued to melt and at the same time lean sideways back to my right to get the wipes out of the diaper bag. Thinking I'm a pretty good multi-tasker at this point, I suddenly lose my balance (pregnancy perk #74) and so have to grab the steering wheel immediately with my left hand. Do you remember which hand was holding my popsicle? I spent some time at the stop sign at the end of my road finishing my slush, and wiping down my arms, fingers, chin, the steering wheel, seatbelt, and shift bar. Then I drove to church.
Oh my goodness, this is quite the hilarious story! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose "bright ideas" sometimes don't execute quite as planned ;) I'm impressed you had your diaper bag and wipes in the car! If I'm child-less, I'm also diaper bag and baby wipe-less too so I would've really been in a mess!!
ReplyDelete