Abigail slept over at a freind's house Friday night. We were invited to her little friend's 5th birthday party. As the party was nearing the end, her friend Analese came up to us and asked if she could spend the night with her. Abigail pleaded jumping up and down, "Please, please, can I spend the night?" Analese's mom told us it was fine, and we were still in shock over the question! The two girls had already worked out pajama and blanket details!! So Louis and I agreed, and went home to get her an overnight bag thinking when we'd return she might have changed her mind. She didn't! Anna was a little sad that Abigail wasn't coming home. Though they bicker as sisters sometimes do, it's times like these that I know they cherish each other's company. We had a lot to do at home to make Anna's slumber party with mom and dad partly comparable...it's amazing what cartoons and a bowl of popcorn in bed can do for a 4- year old who feels left out. We picked Abigail up Saturday morning. The girls had a fun time, Kelly said, painting toenails, eating, and watching Chicken Little well into the 11th hour! Abigail talked all about her night on the 5 minute ride in the car to our house. She's growing up on us!
Sounds like fun!! I'm hoping our house will be the one all the kids want to spend the night at cause I'm not ready to start sending them off to others. They do grow up too fast!
ReplyDeleteJust a little comment about your widget on the side--Yes, having 3 princess daughters DOES make you a Queen and don't forget it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI dread sleepovers...unless they are at my house! I don't know if I can stand being away from my boys! Although, as shy as they are...who knows if they will ever ask! =)
ReplyDelete