Today for Playgroup, we played at the Sunset Marina playground and had a picnic. While others played on the equipment, swings, or on the beach, some of the bigger boys took turns on a riding toy. They'd push it all the way to the top of the sidewalk hill and would ride down with feet extended plopping themselves into the sand at the end...they were so amused! I NEVER expected Anna to follow suit! I saw her pushing the riding toy around, but was busy with Aliza when all of a sudden I heard the worst sounding scream of fear (and "Mommy, HELP ME!!!!), I turned just in time to see the riding toy rocking side to side out of control down the steep sidewalk with Anna screaming and legs flailing, before suddenly halting at the bottom. I stood jaw-dropped and lifted up a silent prayer of God's intervention!!! She walked away with a her baby toe all skinned up and of course was frightened...but all the moms commented on how brave she was. I was glad it was over!
Oh my! I would have been scared to hear that scream for help as well! So glad she only received minor injury.
ReplyDeletewhat a brave little girl! glad she's okay, and you too!!
ReplyDelete