Sunday, April 23, 2017

Pedicures and pregnancy 101

Anna has done a few pedicures on me with the works... warm water soak, sugar scrub, then rinse, and lotion afterwards. You can't get better treatment anywhere! Alivia has picked up on this and wanted to help (but do it all herself). If I can steer her clear of the water soak, she's happy with putting on lotion. She applies way too much but keeps squirting more out of the tube to rub on. So I suggested she rub the excess on my belly. She shuddered at the thought that "it might get in the baby's eyes".

One night while eating dinner, Alivia asked me if the baby was getting to eat too. Another time she asked if Ansley was asleep or awake. She also wanted to know if it was August yet. She's pretty considerate of including this baby in our activities. Like when she and I were snuggling on the recliner and Alivia shared extra blanket with me so Ansley would be warm. She was so thoughtful. I just had to keep reminding her of her positions and not to squash her baby sis. Amelia has no concern. She wants up in the recliner too with Alivia and me.

Adalyn wanted to know if the baby was born wearing clothes. Thank goodness, no. She also worries about pain and whether it hurts to have a baby. Alivia upon hearing Adalyn's question wants reassurance that nothing will hurt. And so after I say that it does hurt to have a baby, she cries. So then I say, "It's going to be just fine." And Alivia says "but it won't hurt you, right?" Right.

They like us telling them what size the baby is in relation to fruit/vegetables. Thanks to pregnancy websites, we've been able to update Abigail and Anna ever since the baby was the size of a pea. The other day, Anna asked what size the baby was and according to the website, Ansley was the size of a small doll. Anna said she thought I'd say watermelon. Ok then, spaghetti squash, but not watermelon...yet.

I've got a hernia and have been really trying not to carry Amelia if I don't have to. Abigail and Anna have done much of the heavy lifting of Amelia (who still wasn't walking at 18 months) and Aliza hauls as much as she can too. When Adalyn does it, I'm jumping up because the scene of her unsteadiness is too much to watch. She sure tries to help though and wants to be as big as her big sisters! She gets frustrated when I ask her not to carry Amelia who seems more than half her weight.

And in speaking of weight, we had an ultrasound right before Easter. Ansley weighs about 13 ounces. Adalyn, Alivia, and Abigail went with us to that appointment to see the baby. We had to be very clear to alivia and Adalyn that seeing the baby meant using a special camera that could see the baby in my belly and that we wouldn't be holding her yet. It never gets old. None of it. Every time is just as amazing. Hearing her heartbeat. Watching your daughters light up seeing their new sister. Seeing your husband look at you the way he does. Viewing her organs and brain so miraculously formed. What a mighty God we serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment