Monday, May 26, 2014

Min-i-mi-zing....in baby steps

In an effort to scale back...we're talking waaaaay back... I thought I'd google some ideas for where and how to get started with this.  It turns out, there's a word describing the desire to survive on the least amount possible.  It's called minimalism.  I thought I was just nuts.  Additionally, there are others out there like me, frustrated when that needed thing can't be found, the Christmas gift from 3 years ago hasn't been touched because you can never find the time to do it, and most organizing projects is just moving clutter from one place to another.  We can't do those things we intend to do and be about because we are all so consumed with stuff.  Then we feel guilty we don't do this or that with that or this.
So I found a few starting places.  One was a project to scale down to 100 things.  100?!  I've got 100 things in my purse!  There's half that amount in our daughters' dress-up container.  Anna's Littlest Pet Shop collection has that many pieces.

Another idea was to pair down your wardrobe to 35 things. Then to box up the others and in 3 months, send it away to donate.  I inherited that many pajamas from an aunt who passed away.  

So I guess we'll start with reducing our things in our two level home to fit into our new one level home.  How in the world do you eliminate an entire level??

A few yard sales here.  And one section at a time.  It's no wonder exhaustion is looming so much these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment