Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gross talk at the table

Yesterday, we were eating lunch after Louis got home from a meeting. While we were sitting and eating, Abigail goes to the kitchen and comes back with ketchup.  After she declared they were for her chips, she asked if Daddy would like to try the combo. 

"That's absolutely GROSS"...then everyone agrees and laughs. 

She says my famous, "Don't knock until you try it". 

He says, "I don't have to try it to know that's just not good". 

So then everyone kinda starts in about weird eating combos of our family members that just don't seem good.   I comment that Louis' and the girls maple syrup and scrambled eggs looks yuck.  Then some interject, "No that's good!!!" 

In between all of us playfully arguing with each other and laughing back and forth, Adalyn leans over and licks Louis' arm two seperate times.  ???!!!!???

Everyone laughs and yells, "That's gross".  

In a whisper- "Ha-Ha-Ha"...she's got her tongue out and she's panting like a puppy. 

She cracked us all up.  In her own way, she's participating in our conversation the whole time...as she puts her hands over her mouth and laughs out loud at things we say (that aren't really funny)...just so she can get a laugh in too, with all of us.  Then we laughed at her for laughing at us.  It was a fun time, to say the least!

I'm always drilling about table etiquette and yesterday we broke all the rules.  It was fun to be a little crazy for a day.  I know I'll be working on table manners with them FOREVER, it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment